Sunday, October 16, 2011

After degree?


As some of u know that I have completed my degree and am waiting for graduation..I have been working for jobs for the past 2 mths but still haven't get a permanent job yet, most were temporary or are being run with a partner which is kinda sien.

It seems that I picked a wrong time to graduate, shuld have graduated in July/June cos now most companies are getting their account/audit done.

Anyway, most ppl were asking why do u need a job if ur doing to do masters soon (?). The explanation is simple really, a job is for me to gain experience, so far I know that I'm a good salesperson (got 84% of the customers in my last gig to sign up for membership in 5 days). I resigned from that gig due to management probs.

Getting jobs is one thing, the other thing is when ur degree has no majors and u have 22 fields to choose from, u'll end up with a headache.. So far, I decided on Entomo, Microb, Pathology, Hemato, Parasito and Clinical Genetics. Can u see the dilemma ? Each of this field has their own subs.(Pls assume that all these are pure field research)

For example, Entomo is divided naturally according to taxonomic specialization therefore in Ento, we have:

1) Apiology (bees)
2) Coleopterology (bettles)
3) Dipterology(2 winged)
4) Hemipterology (True bugs)
5) Lepidotrerology (moths & butterflies)
6) Myrmecology (ants)
7) Orthopterology (grasshoppers,crickets and etc)
8) Trichopterology (Caddis flies)
This fields are divided into species specialization and also either taxonomic or vector or behavioral studies.

So there is a lot of inner debate and search for either journals/supervisors to support my choice of specialization.

So its really not helping when u try to say these words," follow ur heart's desires"

The only thing that I'm certain of is I'm going to be a Kage.

4 comments:

Cyren said...

Oh hello

thanks for dropping by and that wonderful suggestion. I have observed butterflies in the wild before but, with my somewhat lacking of a background education in the field of natural sciences, I'm quite afraid there are a great deal of things I would love to do which are just out of my league. If you could perhaps direct me to publications and things that I could increase my knowledge from...? :)

cheerio
Cyren.

ichimaru akira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ichimaru akira said...

gimme ur email pls, u can email at ikhtifar_rafi85@hotmail.com

i'm shin... i'm inesen said...

Heyo.. tumpang baca ek