Monday, August 8, 2011

Role models


I'm sure that everyone has one or more ppl that they look up to 2 for inspiration, wishing one day that they are will be like that someday.

I remember that when I was in Form 3,when the school organised its annual motivational camp, a teacher asked my group who is our role models,most stated that they want to be like The Prophet or Gandhi or Einstein,my reply was I wanted to be like one of my teacher,Pn S. The teacher was shocked at my reply and demanded an explanation.

My reply was," WHY SHOULD WE AIM FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE, I WANT TO BE REALISTIC AND BE ON PAR OR BETTER THAN MY ROLE MODEL,THEN I HAVE NO EXCUSES TO NOT BE A BETTER PERSON."

Yeah,I know I'm a bit ambitious in my aims but seriously, what is the use of having role models when ur just following someone's lead,why not take the good qualities of each of ur role model and blend it to ur taste?

I know that I have a long way to go before proclaiming that I'm the king of world but the very least I want to achieve success on my terms not by simply mimicking others.

Uni has taught me many things,some are good and some are bad but like Mao said,"It doesn't matter whether the cat is white or black,as long as it catches the mice. Don't get me wrong, I would not be as evil as that,but I want to show ppl that u can achieve ur dreams without sacrificing things that are dear to u,for instance my principles and my frens.

No comments: