Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Journey to the West

 Just got the chance to watch this movie by Stephen Chow. The actor, Wen Zhang who was playing the lead is cute, uber cute.

 Not going to talk about the story much except that its nicely made and in tuned with Stephen Chow other works, the cinema was in laughter most of the time and the tragic part is 100% despair, u could really cry. A job well done.

  Anyway, the story touched my emotions for much.. Tang SanZang as portrayed in the movie is an unique demon killer. When every demon killer is boastful of his/her own skills, he tries to see the goodness in the demon and try to bring the goodness out. Yes, its full of Buddhism values which I love.

  He does it by singing nursery rhymes given by his master but unfortunately due to his lack of understanding love, he could not unleash his powers. In the end, he gets enlightenment and could unleashes the true of the 300 nursery rhymes which is actually Buddha Sutra and defeated the Monkey King by summoning Buddha.

 The reason why I like Buddhism much like other religions, it teaches of control; yes, u can unleash all the rage u want but limit the pain inflicted. To kill a person is easy but to make that the person understand is hard.
 
   The last few lines of the movie, " Love is love, there is no lesser or greater love, love is equal. To love a person is the same as to love God."

   To say "No" is easy, to say " No but we can do this" is hard. To be immersed in work is easy, to be captivated by Love is easy, To be drunk in Fame is easy but to limit each component is hard.

  Yes, I love work, I love being loved, I love my name to be in top journals but  I would like Life to be the main focus of my life. I do not want to lose a second, telling myself that I have to work to secure more time with my loved ones, I have to work cos more work means more money means that my loved ones could be supported. I do not want to have the worry that my Love could be taken away at any time nor I want to think that I do not deserve to be this happy/contented with my life, things can be awry at anytime.

 Everything is nothing, Nothing is Everything

ps: I do not presume that I know everything cos no one can know everything. I just know a lot.
pps: The views in this blog is of my own, if its wrong then teach me to be right about it.

1 comment:

Ash Godiva said...

agree the actor is uber cute!love the part where he do the seductive dance.Most of the Buddhist value is the same with tasawwuf but too bad some stupid people deemed it as sesat...