Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MySympBios 2011

Hi,I missed u all so much.. 3 days without internet is really a torture. Anyway,most of u might know that I was in Kuantan from 11-13 march for an academic event which is MySympBios 2011 which was held at IIUM (Kuantan).

My frens and I went there by car (yes,another achievement for my car). We left Shah Alam by 6 plus pm,reached Karak by 8+pm and arrived at Kuantan by 1opm. We got lost while finding the dorm (well,the map said that its near IIUM but its actually quite the distance).

There were 3 cars (my uni contingent was 12 ppl strong). We were the 1st to arrive,the 2nd car which contained the majority of female passengers left Shah Alam at 1 am and reached Kuantan by 6 am(They stopped at a R&R for a nap). The last car which to arrive was JFK,left Shah Alam on Sat and arrived by lunchtime. (Note: the event started on Saturday).Yeah,I know very unprofessional till their supervisor need to call them to move their butts.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself tons there despite the antics of my unimates,didn't sleep for a whole nite due to a creaky bed and had a severe headache on Sunday.

The event was an eye-opener cos I learnt tons depsite sleeping thru keynote addresses. I met with a lot of ppl from various Unis,the best and most frenly was from UPM (Teo & Desmond) & Utar (Lisa and the girls,their supervisor was Prof Fan & Say)* & UM (Tony and his fren,Lim,I think).

Who knew that Biomed could be so all-comprising,its like that we know something about everything.

I had my poster presentation on Sat, I had 3 evaluators,one was surprised that my research was dry(I was the only person who did dry),the other was surprised of the results that I get. A UM student criticized my results harshly cos I sort of gave them a bad name( who asked u guys to not to pay attention in class).

On the things that I noticed:

1)In Biomed field,u can't be arrogant or self-centered,u'll miss out a lot of things.

2)Never stay contented with what u have done,many are trying to improve themselves.

3) Networking is a key tool.

4) Love ur research,it might be lame but its ur hard work (yeah,finally realized this)

5) Biomed students is heavy sought after.

6) The standard of technology of a nation is based on the number of researchers it has.

7) If u are willing to work hard,the sky is ur limit.

8) Never judge a book by its cover.

9) U may have the lousiest CGPA but u maybe surprised at where u'll end up,if u continue to persevere.

To my juniors,I strongly recommend u to go for events like this,u'll really learn more things and u'll see what the lecturers are trying to do regardless of how they might show it.Most uni will give a list of titles for FYP and some might have Master student or Phd student in charge of the research which is so different from what MSU do,therefore be proud that ur research is 90% urs.


* maybe Ultraman might know them well

1 comment:

Ash Godiva said...

even though i'm majoring in business this looks interesting...imagine lots of mayuri and szayel gather at one place:D