Wednesday, January 19, 2011

C.Y.A

Accountability is important when u work. When there is accountability,u can C.Y.A superbly.

What is accountability? According to the dictionary,it means "The state of being accountable; liability to be called on to render an account; the obligation to bear the consequences for failure to perform as expected; accountableness" In simple words,there is going to be person to blame,if the project fucked up.

C.Y.A means Cover ur ass aka push the blame to someone else.

Lately,especially among my kohais, there has been lack in accountability especially when u email a project to others. I often stressed that sending an email stating that u have received the project is IMPORTANT and it doesn't take u 10 mins to get it done.

Recently,a kohai had to learn this lesson the hard way. He lost the email that had a translation attached to it which was sent to me and he found out on the day that the project was due. And the best thing was he didn't have a spare copy.

So he called me up and asked me whether I could re-send it. Now I have 2 ways to re-affirm the lesson which are 1) say that I don't a back-up copy and deleted my inbox and I had reformatted the lappie and ask him to ask the extra copy from Boss,2) be a good sempai,re-mail it to him and hope that he'll pay the favor back.

Guess which option I picked? If u guessed that I picked option no 2,ur right, I know that I'm such a kind fellow. Now I'm waiting for my dinner treat at Alexis.




No comments: