Saturday, August 21, 2010

What a week

I was so damm busy with a uni program which lasted from 17th to 19th called Health Science Week also known as Health Science Day to my seniors. It is an event organized bi-yearly by the final year students of my course.

The preparation of the event started around 2 months ago,was busy looking for sponsors,speakers and audience. Unfortunately,my booth group managed to find a sponsor and a speaker je.. Truth to be told,I had found an audience for the talk who was my juniors from my sec sch but since ade org pandai2 potong jalan,we lost the audience. Its simple logic, U won't give help to ppl who u don't know,rite?

My booth group started the deco for the booth on the 16th,rite after breakfasting,we did it till 11 pm and then I went to help my frens in the central committee till around 2 am,reached home around 3 am,slept at 4,woke up at 5 am. U know that ur old when u can't survive the day with 1 hour sleep.

On the 17th, the whole day was great, I lost my voice on that day too. The flow of events was just rite although there were hiccups but it was well-hidden (?). Went back and automatically went into living death mode,waking up only for breakfast and sahur.

On the 18th, I was kinda mad cos it seems that most of my group committee were in MIA mode, I had to cover a few asses and took over a few duties like taking attendance and etc. My booth members were great,they constantly think of things that 2 be sold to make profit.

On the 19th, my group committee organized a treasure hunt. It was smoothly done and many complained that the clues were hard.

Overall,we kick-assed in doing the event,got praises from the lecturers and of cos a few comments from the critics. Datin Jun was unhappy that the CC overruled her decisions regarding the usage of Lecture Halls but do we really care about what she thinks (evil laugh). Besides,MSU is a IPTS so the needs of the students who are the customers must be catered 1st. Another revelation is the Admin side is so fucking similar to the ones we find in the public sector,all need to be pushed hard if not nothing will be done. They are kinda lucky that a fren of mine didn't use whips on them.

Additional comments,we failed in micro-managing,updates were not properly passed down from those in the committee to the participants and some were playing students' politics. In the end of event, we all realized that the real goal of the event is to get marks.

4 comments:

nicky05 said...

Summarise: Busy busy busy Busy...and where is R? hahahaha

Armanique said...

seems u have lots in ur schedule...

ichimaru akira said...

Nicky: R is at his place and in my heart.

Arman: yeah,still go a few more things to do

Unknown said...

i miss uni life...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot