Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wine

I love to drink wine from Merlot to Gamay. I heart them... My affair with wines started during my Ns days when I was dating my 1st Ex. He sorta taught me on how to pair wines with food and the type of wines available.For example,whites go with white meat and reds go with red meat.

At 1st, I was kinda awed with his knowledge of Wine Tasting and how dumb is was to spend rm 500 on sumting that is not permanent. (I'm stingy).

Anyway,wines could be classified into 2 categorizes which are the country of origin and type of grapes used. So far,I like those white wines that comes from Napa Valley and Hunter Valley. Rite now, I really don't have the time nor company to go for a drink2 session so my tastebuds kinda dumb but Alexis has a good selection of wines. Their rose wine selection is quite ok...

Most would ask what is the differences between White and Red wines....

Well,Whites are made from Sauvignon Blanc,Champagne and Riesling and other types of white grapes. Whites are lighter,more sweeter if compared to Reds. Whites are often served cold.

Reds on the other hand are made from Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon ,Grand Cru Burgundy and other types of red grapes. They are more woody,stronger, bitter in taste if compared to whites.

Ps: Always remember that in wine,we'll find truth.

5 comments:

Armanique said...

im not a wine person... too atas for me... hahaha kidding... just don't like the after-taste :)

nicky05 said...

Wine depend on the emotion who drink it.

Ash Godiva said...

in wine,i'll fine sinXD

*wears angle halo*

Bravebear said...

I prefer fruit juice only...

ichimaru akira said...

Arman: hehehe, yeah,some wines have a bitter aftertaste.

Nicky: I'm drunk when I'm happy

Ash: Ishx3

Bear: wine is also a fruit juice :)