Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tribute


Blackbird, blackbird singing the blues all day

Right outside of my door.
Blackbird, blackbird why do you sit and say
There's no sunshine in store?
All through the winter you hung around.
Now I begin to feel homeward bound.
Blackbird, blackbird gotta be on my way
Where there's sunshine galore.


Lately,we had suffered a lot of losses in the entertainment world,MJ and our very own talented Yasmin Ahmad.

Frankly,I know little of Yasmin Ahmad but I have at least admired her works such as Sepet,Gubra and Mukhsin. Talent Time is on my list on dvds to buy. Truly,her work is amazing.I was bored of Malaysian films especially those which came with part 2,3 and 4 and those who bank on the popularity of celebrity couples like Erra and Yusry. To me,these films are empty in meaning........

Then I watched Sepet. The story was beautiful,it portrays Malaysia's culture and social life. I saw how Armani acted as a Malay girl who loves the cultures of others.I saw me in her. We saw the abusive dad of her Chinese bf who repented,we saw how the bf took responsibility of his unplanned child with his ex and we saw how two hearts of different races became one.

I said to myself that we have found a replacement for P.Ramlee in her. Her death was unexpected in many ways,she was out to conquer the world and plus she was at the height of her career but sadly God wanted her skills more............

No comments: