Thursday, February 17, 2011

2 sides of the same coin


Fren A: Hey,Ichi.. ur kinda rich, eating in secret recipe,that's twice in a week I saw u.

Fren B: Hey,Ichi.. go and buy urself a new wallet lah,this one looks so old de.


The 2 statements were said by my 2 frens from uni who really knows very little about me. Fren A always says that I'm rich while Fren B says that I'm poor aka miser.

Actually,I'm neither,am not rich or poor, just doing ok with my money. On days,that I have extra left,I'll spend a bit extra while on days,that I have a bit,I save especially on things that are not that important or sort of minor,for example,my phone or my wallet,I have been using them for more than 3 yrs while they don't look new,they ain't spoil either so why change.

Some of my frens would think that I'm a show off, buying things to impress,some might think that I'm a nobody but to me,like what Takashi always says," those who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter".

Ppl often say that I follow my dad especially in financial matters which is kinda true but mostly this way of handling money was due to a time in my life that my family was poor,not say poor poor but we were barely making enuff for ourselves. If I'm not mistaken,it was during 1998-2002 period when my dad opened a restaurant,during Raya,we bought clothes at Reject Shop,Jusco and etc but now with God's grace, we have enuff for ourselves,my sis's MBSS is being self-paid ,I have a car to call my own and each of us has our own laptops. Sumtimes,I do enter the shops mentioned to buy stuff that is needed urgently. Although sumtimes the apparel at those shops are nicer than the ones at a branded shop.

So sumtimes I do understand why A is behaving that way or why J has the urge to save up every penny but everything shuld be done in moderation; u buy stuff cos u need them not cos u want them.

1 comment:

Armanique said...

i agree with you... well sometimes ppl just have to craft their opinions even if its personal... well only u wld noe if the money is well spent or not