Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2 pour or not to pour


"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

by Evelyn Beatrice Hall


Many of the comments that I received for the last post was simply to pour tea on the lim peh's head and walk off.I really don't agree with the comments because of the quote above. I truly believe that each person has the right to voice his opinions and we as the listeners have the option of either accept his views or to disagree with his views.

True,I could just keep my mouth shut and walk away but I felt that I was obliged to change his mindset cos we are supposed to fight ignorance with wisdom.

Besides that,do we simply use violence to correct a person?By using violence,you are just forcing ur views on the person and this would make the person thinks that his views are correct and thus you fail in ur objectivity.

















5 comments:

Pranny said...

Sometimes people don have a choice but to use violence.. If the guy that is using the wrong concept is using violence at the same time.. U can't jus use words, u could be killed!! Get wat I mean? I Don't really know how to explain it..

.:: Ant ::. said...

To me, it really depends whether the situation warrants any further action and whether we could handle it, ie to right the wrong.

Sometimes, it is just better to leave the battlefield, and probably return when we have armed ourselves with the necessary tools. Otherwise, we'd be only landing ourselves in an unconmfy situation, worse still, it may get us in total hot soup.

Walking away doesn't make us any less of a person. Violence ultimately doesn't make victory any sweeter too. :)

Stay kewl, stay sweet! ^_^
+Ant+

Medie007 said...

good argument.
but normally i was too coward to do anything so i walked away. lol

Sam said...

I usually walk away where possible, but if the situation requires it - maybe you have to fight back.

Remember that the best defense is also the best offense.

ichimaru akira said...

Little prince: yeah,I know what u mean.

Anton:Yeah,I agree with u.

Medie007: hahahaha

Sam: are u sure ur not russian? Cos that's what a russian general would say. hehehehe