Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meds,meds and more meds

At the last post, I wrote that I was sick,the symptoms was just cough,I was coughing all day like crazy. I took Breacol,then Woods cough syrup then upgraded to a more powerful cough syrup and took Erythromyocin as antibiotic.

Then I gave up on self-medications,nothing was working. ( So much for me being a Biomeds student.Fail to cure myself)

So i went to Polyclinic Abadi, the doctor gave me the cough syrup below and more Erythromyocin which I had told him,it doesn't work for me.



The next day, I went to my family doctor's clinic ( it was closed the day before). She gave me meds below,had to take it for 2 weeks. So basically, she gave me 2 of each.




It actually work,it lessen my coughs to about 10 times a day and i could sleep peacefully.

After the 2 weeks, i wanted to go again for a refill or what but my Mom said that my medical bills are alredi about Rm 100 plus. So I followed her advise and go to a Government Polyclinic,the cost is just Rm 1 per visit. The doctor there gave me a generic cough syrup, pills to break my phelgm and this.



This is for collecting my phelgm and to test them for tuberculosis. As a biomed student,I'm damm sure that I don't have Tuberculosis cos the symptoms don't add up. Click the link to know about Tuberculosis or TB.

I went back to my family doctor, she said that my throat and lungs are clear from mucus,just that my nose area is block with mucus. So she gave the cough syrup above and a nasal spray.

And how am I now? I'm cured 95% cured.


ps: Sorry, i used my hp to take the pics
pps: Now I know why doctors don't self-medicate

No comments: