Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day dreaming

Mom:Son,when are u getting married? So old alredi,if u wait longer,nobody wants u,u know?

Son:How can get married? Haven't found the real person yet,mom.

Mom:Come,i introduce u to my friends' children.They are all very nice and well-mannered also very nice to look at?

Mom gives me pictures of her friends' children.

I was shocked.There 2 pics were:

1)Aunt May's boy







2)Aunt Jenny's Boy





After that, i was waken rudely by my sis's singing in the bathroom. Damn, what a good dream i had.My mother,my own mother was playing matchmaker for her son.

The questions on why we, gays are single without any signs of settling down bothers us at every family reunion or over dinner sometimes.Mums and sometimes Aunts would volunteer to find the girl for you, sometimes playing the invisible matchmaker,accidentally put you on a table with single ladies during special occasions, ranting out your good qualities in front potential suitors,looking for hints that they would consider you as their son-in-law.

Every family gathering, I have tackled the questions with wit.My only hope is they would stop asking it the next time, alas my hopes were always shattered. Maybe someday, the dream above could come true.

No comments: