Saturday, July 31, 2010

A tough question asked

While running around Shah Alam to settle the bills and what not, I bumped into a old fren. He found out that I'm gay from other frens who are in my facebook and was asking the typical questions that someone will ask when u come out to them,so it started with how and ended with why. Then he asked me this question....

Fren: Ichi,I'm sorry to ask u this but are u proud of who u are now? I mean with ur status on in the open.

I was so speechless.....

I: erm,how to say this.. Of cos,at 1st, I was frustrated and sad about my status.. I mean at the moment that I realized of who I am,there is only 2 choices for me which either to be truthful to myself or keep pretending. I didn't tell everyone about my status at 1st cos I was scared of what they might think but after a few years,I decided to be open about it,after all, I'm still the same person as I was before I told them my dirty little secret. As u know,Y wasn't happy with the revelation but the rest accepted me as who I am. In a sense,I'm lucky to have such understanding frens. Rite now,yes,I'm proud that I'm gay and I came out to all of u but there are moments when I feel a bit unhappy.

Fren: what moments?

I: U know lah,u guys will avoid topics like girls, gay and mak nyah jokes or when u start to stereotype gays... I'm ok with u guys making jokes or discussing the anatomy of girls...I'm still the guy who plays video games and listens to Slipknot.....

End of conversation

I wonder are there ppl who aren't proud of who they are or who they have become?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my friend took the road not taken by asking me, when.




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot