Thursday, June 4, 2009

Clubbing,No thank you

To the clubbers,I'm sorrry cos this is a hate post about gay clubs in Msia,so if ur not happy with the post,i'm really sorry.

When I was in Spore doing my Ns,I often go to gay clubs at Orchard road or Tanjong Pagar.I love the scene there,the guys are so approachable and the music is nice.

Then,I came back to Msia,went around a few clubs and I found that clubs here aren't my cup of tea. Most of my frens are clubbers and they usually go to clubs every week unlike me who are under my parents' roof so my movements are kinda restricted and their testimonials supports my theory.I'm going to talk about 3 clubs that are kinda popular in the Gay circle.

1) La Queen

Located at Jln P.Ramlee. I went to this club before at that time,the Dj was Dj Ivan and the emcee was Kak Vivianna. The music is good but sometimes they spin songs like Aspella to please the crowd. This place is a usual lepak spot of my gang aka Gang Tangga (those who were in G4m forums know that there is a feud involving this gang and some other gang).

So far,according to my frens,the drinks are ok and the guys are cute here.The dance area and the club is quite big as it has 2 tingkat. The emcee then which was Kak Vivianna really knew how to work the crowd and I really enjoyed my nite there.

2) BB (Blue Boy)

Located at Jln Bukit Bintang. I had also went to this club before. This club is the oldest club in the country. Those who are new in the scene goes here to get popular or whatever so there's plenty of new meat here.The dance floor is small and seating places are kinda limited.

From what my frens said about this club is its a meat market,ppl come to get hook up or laid.The drinks are so-so.The crowd is usually new meat but you can meet a multitude of ppl here,from Mak Hayams,Anak ikans and others.

What I like about this place is actually the kedai makan jalanan beside the club,fondly known as Kak Ara's Lounge or Kedai Kak Ara.The prices here are kinda steep but who cares rite? I like the shop owner who is Kak Ara,she is the loud,no nonsense type. Go and dine here and U know what I'm talking about.

3) Marketplace

Located at Jln Yap Kwang Seng(I hope I got the spelling rite). Its a 2 storey bungalow so its kinda big.The entry fee is also quite steep.When it was new,the crowd was decent,now.........

I had never went to this club before but my friends told me that nowadays to enter the club is quite challenging cos u need to go through the dance floor before you can get to the seating area or something like that. So for them,its like Hell when U want to enter.

After ur tired form clubbing,you could always go to Old White Coffee or Rasa Sayang to eat. The food at Rasa Sayang is kinda steep but since you already have the money for the club,you shuld have the money for this place.

Ps: I know that there are other gay clubs around the Klang Valley like Oblique or Orange or Plu but I think the ones that I had listed are the popular ones.

Pss:There's one club at KJ ran by Raden,I hear that the crowd there is mostly chinese. Erm,maybe I'll check it out one of these days.

2 comments:

the viennamese said...

oh La Queen is still open? I thought it closed down.

gosh I used to go to Marketplace every week! HAHAHAHA! Sicko.

Twilight Man said...

I agree that the club scene in Singapore are so different compared to here. Whether gay clubs or not, the kiasu ppl seem to behave better with class. Most of them are not rich but they carried themselves differently. So you are good boy now, for how long?