Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daddy isn't a superhero anymore

I rarely blog about my family cos if I do,I'll get emo. But since Father's day is near,I decided to talk about my dad.

My dad was a superhero to me,he was everything,even Spiderman,Superman or even the greatest villain,Joker couldn't beat him. I loved the time he spent with me,we went fishing,swimming and all.God,that was the most happiness moments in my life.

Then Puberty came,my thirst for knowledge made me realised that the Man that I worshipped was wrong in so many things,so many untruths I discovered.Its a sad thing when a child realised that his dad isn't a Superhero anymore.

I don't know how I made this conclusion of him not being a Superhero anymore maybe its because of the time he spent away during a time that a boy needs his dad to explain why his lil bro discharging white liquid or when the boy discovered that he's into guys.Or maybe its because the boy has been treated unfairly. Or maybe cos of the promises he broke.Or maybe the lack of communication between the father and child.

Dads are suppose to be the ones who u can trust with anything,Dads are suppose to the ones that would always be fair.

Sumtimes,I curse myself to be a know it all but I realised that the world isn't similar like how he painted it,I had learnt that the world isn't just Black or White but there are shades of grey.

Sumtimes,the dad shuld let the boy explore the world,he shuld not limit the boy with his ideas. A dad shuld learn to let go of his children and not control the kids till they suffocated.

I have a DAD but sumtimes seeing the Dads of others make me turn green,looking at how they treat their children make me wish that I have their daddys instead.

I don't know where we went wrong but no one is making an effort to strengthen the bond.......

4 comments:

Pranny said...

How come so familiar one this post... hmmm

Inspiration by me leh haha...

Armanique said...

im one of those thats nt close to my dad at all. well i put it as a way to be stronger and more independent.

the viennamese said...

Cut him some slack. Dads are not superheroes with unlimited capabilities. They're normal people with problems too. I hope you can resolve this issue soon. Stay strong.

ichimaru akira said...

Little prince: Erm,got meh

Armanique:Yeah,that's true.

Evann: erm,I'l try k