Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Respect lost

I know that most of u have a loving family to fall back on to. Unfortunately,I don't have that luxury.

As I had said before in one of posts,my dad ain't my hero. I reaaly don't know why he becomes paranoid with me. I only want space for myself.

Each time,I opened my mouth to comment on sumting,for an example,if I say the economy is in the shitters, he would just say that I'm too young to understand stuff or if I commented on his remarks,he would not accept my point of view and plainly denied my points without any explanation.

Maybe,our personalities are too strong for each other.

Last Monday,I wanted to celebrate his bday since the family was in Jb on the 21st September and also we were having a family gathering on that nite. I bought him a small black forest cake since that's his favorite flavor. When I came home after the dental appointment,he saw the cake and his 1st comment was why did I bought a cake. I told that I wanted to celebrate his bday even though it was a belated one. He said that I must have someting on my sleeve either a approval for sumting or I did sumting wrong. WTF rite?

So after the dinner,everyone was waiting for him 2 cut the cake but he kept saying,"why shuld I cut it? My bday is alredi over.Kinda pointless kan?" On hearing that remark,I was hurt and really wanted to throw the cake into dustbin. In the end,he cut the cake after being cajoled by my tranny aunt.

Why is it so hard to get his acceptance? All the As that I get,All the achievements that I did but still no words of encouragement form HIM. Sumtimes,I think I'm not his son. I mean what kind of father would just ignore the son even though the son isn't a filial one. Even when he call my name,there is always a "Hey" is front but this doesn't apply to the rest of his children.

One more conversation that made me sentap was:

D= dad
U= Uncle

U: My son has finally left the nest.

D: Well,I waiting for my son to run away. He is so troublesome.

U: U know if he does that,u'll be lonely.

D: Nah,I won't. If he ever leaves the house,I would arrange a thanksgiving feast.

U: ...........

9 comments:

William said...

Maybe he "mulut keras, hati lembut"...

But sometimes we really need less of this kind of shit to make loving our parents easier! :P

Bravebear said...

That must be a real pain. My dad is no longer around to do all that shit. Their hard headed-ness is really hard to tahan.

What to do. Your dad still your dad whether you like it or not. As William said, maybe he keras mulut only la.

Kenji said...

WTFZ!? Man I wanna say dad has always been the one who doesn't know how to show his love except through supporting ya financially, but after I've read the last part, it made me... MAD! SO MAD! GAHHH!

Ash Godiva said...

well..my dad is a bit same with you...

if i were you i will left the nest a.s.a.p to 'teach' him and of course...ALL parents will be lonely if their children do like that even if they have mulut+hati keras:)

Armanique said...

i noe hw u feel!!! my dad is the same... sigh... im planning to move out prolly next yr

Scribbler said...

U poor thing...

Yeah, he's probably the ego-type of dad who talks without thinking. I'm sure deep down he never really meant those words. Believe me, if he doesn't care, he wouldn't even talk about how troublesome you are and etc in any conversation. He talks cuz he cares. He's acting like a child, so it is up to u to become the adult.

Avoid having hot conversations with him, and do things because of u...u lead ur own life.

Hang in there yeah, chocolates are coming ur way nant. Love you.

ichimaru akira said...

Will: erm......

Bravebear:trying to apply that concept

Kenji: Someone who understands my pain

Count: To leave the place is easy but i have to think about the day after.

Armanique: Good luck

Scribbler: I'll be waiting

Lucas said...

ichi...... this is probably the last thing u want to hear... but i think im siding with your dad...

u see, he is ur dad, so he is obviously straight right? straight guys, especially of the older generation are usually very bad at expressing themselves... so i think william is rite... he is one of those mulut-keras-hati-lembut kind of guy. im sure all parents are proud of their children, its just that some parents find it hard to express how proud they are.

take it easy bro.

ichimaru akira said...

Lucas: thanks for the advice,bro. I'll try to think with a clearer head