Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spring in Orchard part 2

Days gone by and slowly it became weeks before Dan had the courage to call Chuck.

Dan:Hi,erm,could we meet?

Chuck: Sure,where u want to meet?

Dan: Anywhere......

Chuck: Erm,do u know how to get to Cathay Building? I'm at the YMCA

Dan: Yeah,I do.

Chuck: See u later.

After an hour,Dan reached and found Chuck.They had dinner and walked around while talking.

Chuck: I haven't seen u at Borders these days.What happened?

Dan: I have been busy. My senior Orded so I have more work to do. Besides......

Chuck: Erm,let's get a cuppa.

Dan: No,I can't drink coffee now. I can't sleep later.

Chuck: Oh ok,want to go to my place? Its nearby.

Dan: erm,will I be safe there?

Chuck: I promised that I won't touch u,at least,not 2nite...

Dan: Ok.

Chuck drove Dan to his flat in Bishan. Chuck made tea for the both of them and Dan opened up to Chuck,told him of his fears and sense of loneliness. He felt that it was hard to connect his colleagues and the work that he has in the office. Chuck just listened to Dan's words all nite and gave encouraging comments now and then.

Dan: God,look at time.I need to go back.

Chuck: Sleep here with me.

Dan: Erm,look,I'm happy that u're willing to hear my probs and that but I'm not a slut,k? If u had sex in ur mind the whole nite,I'm sorry to disappoint u. I'm looking for a fren,nothing more,nothing less. Good nite.

Chuck: Hey, Did I mention sexs? Come on,its alredi 3 am,u must be crazy if u want to take a cab at this hour.

Dan: I'll manage.

Chuck: I promised u that I won't touch u. Here is the guest bedroom,I'll be sleeping at the other room.

Dan: Look,Chuck.I'm really happy that ur willing to do this but what proof u have that ur not one of them psychotic ppl?

Chuck left the room and come back with a bunch of keys.

Chuck: U want proof? Here are all the keys to the rooms in this place. I'm placing in ur care.

Dan with tears in his eyes: Why? Why do u care for me this much?

Chuck: Well,I know how it feels to be alone and fighting the world by one's self.

Dan: Fine,I'll sleep here.

2 comments:

Bravebear said...

Nice nice... Looking forward to next episode. There will be a continuation right?

Armanique said...

look promising... continue continue