Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stuttering

Stuttering is a speech disorder in which the flow of the speech is disrupted by involuntary repetitions and prolongations of sounds, syllables, words or phrases, and involuntary silent pauses or blocks in which the stutterer is unable to produce sounds.The term "stuttering" is most commonly associated with involuntary sound repetition, but it also encompasses the abnormal hesitation or pausing before speech, referred to by stutterers as blocks, and the prolongation of certain sounds usually vowels or semi-vowels.

So now we all know what is Stuttering,rite? So why I'm writing about this?

Elo,I'm Ichi and I stutter. My stuttering isn't that severe,I have a very mild form of it,I stutter when I'm nervous,happy or tense. Most of the time,I do realize that I stutter so when I'm stuttering,I'll shut up and take a deep breath and repeat my words.Cos of the frequency of it occurring so low,most won't noticed it and those who do politely ignore it.

Unfortunately,my bf isn't polite and always take note of it. According to him,I had stuttered thrice 2day.Sigh..........

9 comments:

Unknown said...

when they caught me off guard, i stutter...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Anonymous said...

oh...phlisss... ur case is so mild compare to mine, i stutter way more serious :P

William said...

Tak perasan le.

kidz said...

thought it is a normal to stutter when one is nervous or scare?

u are still nervous when u r with ur bf huh? =p

Armanique said...

oh u stutter? i think me too when i get uber nervous. i guess its normal la :)

ichimaru akira said...

Jino: erm... which position?

Happy: let's form the Stutter club.

Will: we met just for a few hours je.. not enuff time to see each other's true colours.

Kidz and Arman: Isit normal to stutter when ur happy or excited? Not nervous but happy with the lover...

Armanique said...

erm ok u have a prob hahahha... no la its because when ur heart beats a little faster, the nervous system sent this signals. Your way to overcome it is by stuttering.

I stutter and my hands shake ok... that's worst hahaha

Anonymous said...

Why would he count how many times you stutter?

ichimaru akira said...

Arman:Hugs,both so problematic

Calvin:I don't know,he is just being him........