Monday, August 24, 2009

Big Empty House

I was watching House from 15 Malaysia (click the link to know more). The short film shows an Indian boy who is making a dream house for his art class. During presentation,a Chinese boy shows a grand house with various themes while a Malay boy show a house with cars and pool but when the Indian boy shows a simple house,the whole class laughed and the teacher was shaking his head in disbelief.....

The story has various morals but to me,the Indian boy's idea of a dream house is correct,what use does a big house with 5 cars,a pool,a pond and a lot of rooms have when the inhabitants of the house is cold and unfrenly to each other. I would prefer a small house which is full of love.

Although,I may not live in a bungalow (my house is just a terrace) but my family would mostly spend time doing their own work.My mum and dad would either rest in their room or watch tv,my 1st sis would spend time in front of her laptop,2nd sis would spend time playing with dolls or with the maid,my bro would be with his frens and I would either be in fornt of the com or in my room.The only time that we would sit down and talk together is during dinner and lunch.Kinda pitiful isn't?

Even though I'm spending more time at home,the pattern doesn't change much. Sumtimes,when I go to my frens' houses and saw the way that their family interacts,I feel super jealous.Some of my frens' total family income is less by mine but the love they have is bountiful.

Maybe,its becos my family members have a lot on their plate but.......

Many frens were asking why u prefer to be outside or have ambitions of moving out or say that my frens are lucky to be in hostels.Its mostly cos I hate going back to the house where its cold and unfrenly.I tried doing a family nite where every saturday,everyone must be at home and spend at least 5 hours of family fun but in the middle of the session,we would end up quarreling especially my dad and I.Our minds think differently.The odd thing is when we talk to others,we could accept their different views. My aunt say that its cos of our strong personalitys.I just wish that I could talk to him,telling him how I feel deep down but I don't think that it will happen soon.So this the 2nd main reason of me wanting to move. The 1st reason is quite obvious,I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do share the same sentiment a you too. Im also thinking of moving out coz i feel i dont belong as well. My dad have very strong opinions too so i rather remain the quiet one.

But hey, i still do believe u need to spen time with your family, the very least. :)

H_i said...

u know what, when i am staying with my family, i am like u, shouting inside inside deep in my heart to move out, but when i ve moving out and staying far from them, i felt
the other way..just use ur opportunity as good as u can...at least u still have family compare to those who craving for a love from a family...