Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hypocrisy

Today,I had lunch with my 3 aunties,A,B and C at Pizza Hut. I wasn't paying attention to the flow of their conversation and they started asking what were my future plans blah,blah and blah.Here's the snippet of the conversation:

A: Ichi,ur getting old de.No Gfs meh?

I:No time and No money lah.

B:What are ur plans after graduation?

I:Get job,get a house or rent a place.

C: What!! ur moving out. Who is going to take care of ur parents?

B: So typical,kids these days.Once get a job,they want to stay alone.Do u think u can afford a place with ur starting pay?

I: Well,not rite away but after a few years of working,I'll try to get a house of my own.

A: Nolah,that's not a gd idea.U shuld be filial.


During the drive back,I realised that my aunties are super hypocrites. Why do I say this? All of my uncles and aunties moved out after getting a job or getting married. One even moved to the north,leaving my maternal grandma alone in the South. Aunt A's son migrated to NZ,she didn't say anything,didn't even play the FILIAL card but I want to move to kl jer,alredi got a lot of noises.Sigh.

Reasons why I want to move out:

1) I'm gay,I can't bring guys back for the nite and my lifestyle is totally different.
2) I don't want to waste time commuting.
3) If I don't move out,I'm going to stay with my parents which is kinda depressing to hear.
4) I need space,I need a place to call my own.
5) If I buy a house,I could rent it out,get extra money.
6) I want the 5 Cs,car,condo,credit card,club and children.
7) I'm sick of the phrase,"This is my roof ur living under.
8)I'm not a FILIAL son.

6 comments:

nase said...

Well, I can safely add that those aunties were more like whining from their own biased experiences with their kids who all have moved out and not advising you rationally and with an open mind. so leave them be.

I strongly agree with your thoughts and encourage you to do exactly that. I have moved out from mine years ago and we're getting along fine.

Pranny said...

For me, I wan to have 1-8 in the list below.. That gives me the equal reason to move out after I get a steady job also...

But then, when I come to think of it, if I shift I'm bringing my mother along also LOL... No difference for (1)

the viennamese said...

I'm known to be easily irritated and I throw sharp replies to whoever who disagrees with my opinions and belittles my ambitions or dreams, regardless of who they are.

If I were in your position, these are what I would've said to them.

C, moving out doesn't mean that I can't look after my parents. Was that what you did? Oh dear... *shakes head*

B, that's why I said "RENT A PLACE". Aunty, you were a kid once. Back then, were you really so immature and thought that you could stay with your parents till you die?

A, so if I don't stay with my parents, that means I'm not filial. OK. So tell me, aunty. Do YOU still stay with your parents?

PWNED!
All these kind of people, don't have to give face at all...

H_i said...

just ignore them...those typical auntie or even uncle may be...but im glad that my parent and few aunt are supporting me in what ever i do..so just proceed with your big plan dude...and enjoy life..

Lucas said...

what can i say ichi... its easier to critisize others than it is to chatise ourselves. *give a dirty look to the aunties* lol

its human nature tho...

ichimaru akira said...

Nase: Thanks for the support,bro.

Little Prince:I sure u'llfind a loophole

Evann: remind me not to get on ur shoes.Thanks for the support.

Hafiz: i wish their thinking is like urs and could I borrow ur relatives?

Lucas: welcome to my blog.If u only know my pain