Saturday, August 22, 2009

Why

There were 3 professions that used to be noble,ppl choose them cos of wanting to contribute to the society or to feel good.They never had dreams of having a 5 digit pay or a big car or being the lords of society.But now these 3 professions have been corrupted with those who aspire to be rich.

The 3 professions are Doctor,Teacher and Policeman. I am so disgusted with the level of professionalism of these 3 these days.The reasons why I say this:

1) Doctor

Nase had wrote in his blog once that a lot of the newbies are after the glamour,wealth or a professor,none stated that they wanted to be a doc to save patients or to seek fulfillment of watching their patients recover.

I asked a few freshies of why they wanted to choose Biomed,most replied their 1st choice was medicine and since they can't take medicine,they choose this degree. I asked them again,why did u choose medicine,their replies are for the fame and glory. In my inner mind,I was saying that do they really think that they can become Doc House? None of them stated that they choose it cos of its a noble thing to do.

I asked a few old birds whether they are happy being a doc? They complained of long working hours,small pay and etc. None said all of these was worth it when they see their patients recover. Where are all the good doctors? What happened to personal fulfillment? Long time ago,a doctor told me that no matter the pain or discomfort or payment,if there is patient,he'll treat him.This doctor encouraged me to enter the health sciences field.

2) Teachers

These days,the quality of the teachers are getting worse. Last week,I went to my brother's sch for a Parents-Teachers sessions,the teacher was complaining that my bro always didn't hand in his work.I asked her whether she had taken any actions or gave any advices,her reply was she has 30 other students to handle and she can't afford the time to a personal interest on all 30 and she said that the parents shuld be more caring about this.

This is 1 incident that I'm writing here,u could read more of this type of teachers in the newspaper everyday,teachers who kept blaming the parents of being irresponsible or saying that their job scope is too much to handle.

During my school years,I had great teachers who inspired me to be better person,let it be in school or outside and I do keep contact with some of the teachers as they live nearby.My ex-teachers told me that the young teachers are rejected ones,those who couldn't get a good job or have low cgpa so they choose teaching as their profession.

3) Police

Well,u get the idea by now.


To those ppl who read this post and consider to take these noble jobs,pls reconsider taking them if u see only fame and glory,go and venture into business,u'll get the rewards faster.

Ps: To those who are doing their jobs well and preserving the nobility of these occupations,I salute u.

8 comments:

nase said...

gosh, I hope I am not one of the old birds, lolz.

Anonymous said...

ironically true :) well nowadays its not about passion but more of monetary wise

the viennamese said...

I don't think my parents would be happy about it, but I really really really do want to teach someday.. I feel that there's a void in socially dejected teens and the soon-to-be dropouts that can be filled. And I want to be that person who people can look back in their lives and say that I've made a difference... :)

H_i said...

there only few them i guess.. this is so called 'kerana nila setitik. habis susu sebelanga' but nowadays i think money is everything..kn?/ so if u be a doc u get a hires salary compared to those who working in school..not the headmaster lar...heheh

Medie007 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clayden L. said...

first of all, teachers nowadays are required to do all sort of stupid programmes that the government encourage. what program this program that, compared to the past when the teachers just go and teach and do some extra stuff, teachers today teach, control school traffic, make sure the stupid programe that the government introduced so called to eratkan hubungan shits and what not... and with the pengetua wanting all those stupid schemes from the govn of pengetua cemerlang and wat not, pressure on the teachers la wanting all sort of 'creative' programmes. look at the education system la, skejap english skejap malay. wtf?

2ndly, doctors are indeed getting materialistic. becuz there are more pvt hospitals nowadays wanting to provide better facilities for the patients, for which they have to pay more and with that, they cud lure more doctors. and instead of doing anything, govn doctors are suffering more as more doctors go into the pvt sector. and with that, u get all the housemens grumbling becuz they studied for 5 tortorous years and just get a starting pay of 2k when all their peers who work 2 years earlier earning more than 3k already. i mean, even with doctors who really wanted to service, u get all those arrogant consultants scold this scold that, how can they all tahan la like that? sikit sikit sue. sikit sikit complain. the society pun must try to understand la skit. but can't blame them totally becuz they're more knowledgable nowadays.

lastly, policemen... no say. that one they terang terang makan. but to think as to why they needed to do that, imagine a lowest rank police earning 900 bucks a month compared to a fresh grad normal teacher earning 1.5k per month. see the difference? but with their makan habit so obvious nowadays, no matter how they try to clean it, it's still smeared. what's more nowadays their incompetence are showing more and more with more unsolved cases and what nots...

Medie007 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ichimaru akira said...

Nase: nah,ur name is in my list of good ppl.

Armanique: i hope they would open their eyes and smell the coffee soon.

Evann:Be what u want to be.

Hafiz: but the Nila has become more than a drop de.

Clay: let's change the system.

Guys,I wouldn't discriminate anyone who comments in my blog,let it be negative or positive.