Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bookworm

Besides frens,what do u need to survive?

The question above was asked by a dear fren of mine. The answer is simple,I need books. As long as I remember,I love to read,it doesn't matter if its fiction or non-fiction but I do refer fiction.

My first books were the usual Classics (of cos,in simplified version) which were Charles Dickens,Jules Verne and many more. Then I fell in love with the Gold Rush,I started reading White Fang and Call of the Wild. During my teen yrs,I found Shakespeare,among his great tragedies,I find Macbeth the best. Rite now,I just read whatever I fancy,from Harry Potter to Occult.

Some of my frens said that the way that I read books is a bit peculiar, well I think so cos I do silent reading but with a twist,I make the characters come to life,giving them persona as and voices. For example, in my mind,Hermione has a mature,mothering voice while Voldemort has a metallic voice or Lestat has the voice of a cheeky boy.Weird rite?

The other thing I do with my books is to catalogue them according to colours which refers to their contents. For example Shakespeare is dark blue, Enid Blyton is red or violet, Harry Potter and Lord of the rings is gold,those that dealt with occult is black. I know I'm being eccentric but that's how I remembered the contents of each book.

Rite now,I trying to get more non-fiction books especially those which contain human rights or gay rights or historical issues,could someone recommend me a good bookstore?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Kinokuniya. If you want to know which non-fiction book is good, try "How to get from A to B" (I've forgotten the author), "The Colors of Mountain" by Da Chen, anything by Torey Hayden.

Paul Figaro J said...

ha!good lah....both of you can go together-gether......

ichimaru akira said...

Calvin: thanks,I'll go there as soon as possible

Paul; Jgn jealous