Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 tear inducing movies

I watched 2 movies with R 2day while waiting for streamyx to get its butt fixed. It was nice,just sitting on the couch,hugging each other while feeding each other 1 foot Subway sandwiches and the same time,tears running down my cheeks.

The 2 movies were:

1) My Name is Khan

I wanted to watch this in the cinema but lucky,I didn't cos every 30 mins,my tear glands were activated. Although,this movie is similar to Forrest Gump but the msg was different. The movie was about a Asperger's patient who traveled across America to deliver a short msg to the President which is,"My name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist."In his journey,he had touched the lives of many and changed the perception of a nation.

The movie shows how Asians especially those from the Indian subcontinent suffered from the aftermath of 9/11. The dialogues were great,I liked 1 line which goes sumting like this," There were 2 ways that ppl used to mark time,AD and BC... Now there is one more,9/11."

Besides the great storyline and beautiful scenes,this movie marks the 1st collaboration between Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan since Kajol got married. To those who don't know,their movies were the bomb,they are Bollywood's King and Queen.

2) Blind Side

I didn't know that this movie came out and only heard a bit of it here and there.

The movie is about a Republican family who adopted a black kid into the family and opened him doors to a world that he didn't know. Surprised? Me too,I mean a Republican doing a kind act to a black kid?Hell must be a cold place now.. Anyway,it shows that ppl do have a heart and colour doesn't mean a thing to these kind souls.

Favorite line from this movie is " Who knew that we'll have a democrat as a fren after adopting a black kid."

Watch it and weep,frens

4 comments:

Kenji said...

Haha never watch those two movies before! But maybe I'll get to it when my finals are done this week! I'll hold you to it if they are not good! >:D

Anonymous said...

I've watched The Blind Side and even posted about it but I didn't cry although no doubt it is a touching story. Sandra Bullock won the Oscar for Best Actress through this film but if you watch "Julie & Julia" starring Meryl Streep, you would agree with me that Merly Streep should have won the award.

said...

i wanna watch "blind side"~

ichimaru akira said...

Kenji: if good,u treat me,k?Good luck for ur Finals.

Calvin:I totally agree with u.

L2: Faster watch