Monday, November 30, 2009

Purpose

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.


Someone asked me was my purpose of LIVING during lunch today. I was speechless cos I didn't expected that he'll ask these type of questions. Although,I gave him a short reply,otw back home,the question kept invading my mind.

Seriously,what do we live for? Each of us will give a different answer depending on their status. Rich guys would say that their purpose is to be even richer,politicians would say that their purpose to garner more support,sages would simply say that their purpose is to gain understanding of the world.

Ok2,I'm beating the bush.

Seriously,What do I live for?

Not for work cos I'll retire someday
Not for studying cos my brain might start to decay
Not for my frens/children cos someday I'll be sleeping under 7 feet of soil alone and in darkness
Not for love cos in death,we part.

The answer is simple but hard to comprehend. I live in order to leave a legacy,not matter how small or how large my impact on others,I'll be happy if someone said," Ichi taught me this once or Ichi had encouraged me or Ichi had advised me or Ichi had said that" to some else.

I know that dying is lonely business and we'll be become nutrients for others sooner or later but I do hope I'll live forever in the minds of ppl that I will or had touched. Maybe that's why I choose to blog about the future,the present and the past so that others would learn from my mistakes or heed my sayings or simply learn something new when they read my posts.

I also wish that each day,I can put a smile on the faces on ppl that I love and care and help to lighten their burden.

Yes,these are my purpose of living........

3 comments:

Bravebear said...

My purpose of living is to experience! To taste the flavours of life. To see the colors of life. To feel every moment of life.

About leaving a legacy... Nah, I will pass that. I believe there is no importance of me being remembered when I die. Cos it doesnt mean anything to a dead man anyway.

William said...

Most of us go through life looking for that purpose.

lone ranger said...

such a nice purpose! :)