Monday, November 2, 2009

Spring in Orchard pt 4

Dan didn't dare to contact Chuck anymore cos of the incident earlier but he also didn't want to delete Chuck's number from his Hp. He still go to Borders every now and then hoping to see Chuck and apologize.

One rainy Saturday,he saw Chuck browsing books in the shop. He walked to Chuck.

Dan: Hi,how are you?
Chuck: Excuse me,do I know u?
Dan: I'm sorry about the other day. I'm not used to have ppl helping me out like that.
Chuck: Follow me.

Dan followed Chuck silently into Starbucks. They both ordered their drinks and sat at one of the sofas.

Chuck: I'm still angry at u. Why u didn't contact me earlier?

Dan:I'm sori. I thought u would be angry with me,after what I did.Its not that I'm not grateful of what u did but its so alien.

Chuck: Maybe I was hasty. But u could wait till I was wake before leaving the house.

Dan: I'm sorry,k. This change isn't easy for me. I'm here alone without frens except my camp mates. I have been drinking every weekend,broke at the end of every month. That place that we walked out from was my safe haven and u destroyed it.... U and ur frenly smile.... Aren't u afraid that someday,ppl might break your heart...

Chuck: Oh God. I believed that ppl are better beings than what ur trying to describe. Yes,ppl might break ur heart but if God could forgive the vilest,cruelest man,who are we to not do that? After all,we are created in God's image.

Dan: Spare the preach. Everyone that I know left a scar in my heart. U say to take it flat?Swallow the bitter pill and hope for better things? Shall I take u to Woodbridge?

Chuck: Do you read books regarding religion? I saw u borrowing a lot of religious books the other day.Tell me what they all preach?

Dan: The betterment of Humanity.

Chuck: Humans are amazing,they are the only ones that are given freewill. They can be good or bad,depending on their acts.

Dan: So ur doing this cos of freewill?

Chuck: Partly..... the other reason is I like u.

Dan choked on his Latte and smiled at Chuck's revelation. They spent the whole evening talking about themselves and their backgrounds.

Before parting,they agreed to meet the next day at Takashimaya.

2 comments:

Bravebear said...

You are getting my imagination flowing! hehe...

Anonymous said...

awwww... thats sweet, i start to like the story... pls dont destroy my mood yeah, and plsss can i have a happy ending? :P