Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spring in Orchard pt 6 (Final)

Dan and Chuck shared many many happy nites, angry nites and sumtimes lonely nites together like most other couples even though their bedside discussions are different from others,they talked about Rome,Marlowe and sumtimes Freud and Jung. They always try to stimulate each other's brains and not limiting themselves to the Anterior Commissure.

Its true that time do not stop for any mortals. Soon,it was their 1st year anniversary. They had their celebration at Raffles hotel.

Chuck: Love........ I got sumting to tell u

Dan was starting to be uneasy cos Chuck had never substitute his name with Love or anything equivalent unless he's going to discuss business or serious matters.

Dan: What?

Chuck: U know that the company is expanding to Canada rite?

Dan: Yeah...

Chuck: Well,I agreed to Mum's suggestion that I'll be in charge of that branch. It means that I need to move there so that I can monitor it.

Dan: Well,I can stay here if u want.... u can use a chastity belt if u want.

Chuck: Hahhaha,Love, I want u to follow to me there. U can enroll urself in one of the Uni there. I'll support u throughout.

Dan: Tempting as that may,u know I'm just 20 yrs old.... Ur asking me to move with u to somewhere that is half a world away? Let's say that I agree with u,what guarantee that u can offer me that u wouldn't dump me?

Chuck : Dan......

Dan: Wait lemme finish. I know that u love me very much. But ur notion means that I need to come out to my family and I know that they would throw me out. I'm just 20 yrs old,Chuck... Asking me to do tis is almost like asking me to marry u... what if things don't make out between us........ I'll have nowhere to return to....I'm not a girl....... I'm a fucking HOMO!!!!

Chuck got up and walked to the window.

Chuck: I know that I can't offer u any guarantees or securities but I love u so much. U know that ur the 1st guy that I showed Mum and she adores u much. Tis past year,u had given me so much and if ur not there with me.... I really don't know what I'll do.

Chuck walked to Dan and hold Dan's hand.

Chuck: I love u so much. Will u,Dan be my husband? Will u leave the world and come with me?

Dan: Chuck,be serius,k? The magic ends at midnite.Yes,I will agree to ur 1st suggestion but not the 2nd....... I'm not a Cinderella type of guy... Lemme get my degree then we talk about this again....... I'm sori.

Chuck: Ur serius,aren't u? Ok,5 yrs... then I'll come with my carpet again.

Dan: Ur giving me an impasse? What happens if a guy comes and drags me off within that 5 yrs?

Chuck: LOl,u'll always wait for me.

Dan: Fuck u and let's get back to sleep.

Deep down,Dan knew that he would always wait for Chuck and will reserve that slot for him. The next day,they checked out and went off to their separate ways.

3 and a half Yrs later

Dan: Elo... U never change ur number..

Chuck: I know u would keep mine number and urs. U know that ur time is almost up. Found any Edmunds lately?

Dan: a few but........

Chuck: I'm going to Kl next month after my Washington trip. Care to meet up?

Dan: Sure. Chuck,I missed u so much.

Chuck: Gimme ur Ym and we'll chat there.

3 weeks later,in the wee morning

Stranger: Elo,is this Dan?

Dan: Yeah... who is this?

Stranger: Erm,I'm sori but I'm Chuck's fren, He was involved in an accident. He had put ur name in the Family list so.......

Dan frozen... Tears came down and he began to curse all the gods of why they gave him this fate.

Later in the evening

Dan: Elo, Mum.Its me,Dan

Mum: So u had heard...... The funeral is scheduled on Wednesday.Can u make it?

Dan: Mum,I don't have a passport yet and I got Finals soon.I'm so sorry.

The line went dead,Dan knew that Chuck would understand on why he isn't there to say his last goodbye.

A few months later,a parcel came for Dan and a letter was attached on it.It says:

Dear Dan,
I went over Chuck's stuff in Canada and I found this set of books that I think Chuck wants you to have it. I'm sorry about our last conversation. Come and visit me anytime.

Love,Mum

Dan ran into his room and tear the wrappings and ripped the box apart.In the box,it contained a few books that Dan liked and a compilation of The Shakespearean Tragedies. Behind the cover,written in paper was Chuck's last msg to him,

Dan,
These 4 plays reflects that choices that Humans made when Gods try to interfere. Freewill is and always be the strongest gift that Humanity could have.

Always loving u
Chuck

The end

3 comments:

Bravebear said...

Thank you for the finale. I held my tears yet my heart was stabbed. But it was a really nice story. I love it! Freewill... That is so true...

Armanique said...

I guess sometimes when we wish dearly for something it didnt turn the way we want things to. This is so reminding me of mine :(

Ken Wooi said...

that's really touching.. =)

kenwooi.com