Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Telor Selatan

As all of u know that Bahasa Malaysia is the official language of Malaysia but sumtimes we could hear the local variant of the language which is sumtimes so different from the official version.

When I migrated to Malaysia,many of my schoolmates said that my Bm was funny cos many of them were familiar with the northern and central slangs but not with the southern version of Bahasa Malaysia. I really do look stupid talking Bm that time.

Below are the some common terms that's in the southern slang:

1) Anu: usually used to talk about someone isn't present or to point to a thing

2) Bilang: To tell

3) Hari minggu: Sunday

4) Hari 1-6 : The days in a week excluding Sunday.Hari 1 refers to Monday

5) Rumah Pasung: Police station

6) Menggilai: To laugh uncontrollable

7) Pegang(the "Pe"is pronounce as "Pei") : To hold

8) Tengok Gambar: Watch Movie


I know my list is a quite incomplete so if there is any Johoreans who want to add,pls do so.Thanks

8 comments:

Bravebear said...

Now I know whr all that come from... I have met ppl using these kinda words and had no idea whr it all came from.

Thx for da lesson!

Penapenis said...

Telor? I want it!! I want it!! Nak dua biji ya. Half boiled! Ping!!!!!!! (PP being slapped vigorously by the landlord-mr Ichi)

William said...

Sounds like a P.Ramlee movie.

Ash Godiva said...

here's some melakan slang for you...ulau melingkau atas pagau pasau besau..haha

Ken said...

LOL, Malaysia will be malaysia...rojak...yippy, Hi hi

ichimaru akira said...

Bear: Now u can talk to them in Johorean.

Pena: Nnt Embi marah tau

Will:Yeah,u have to remember that most of his movies are made in Spore

Count: Erm,lemme guess. Ular melingkau Pasu pasu besar. In translation,Snake crawling in between big pots.

ken: yep

Ash Godiva said...

It's like this ichi dear,ular melingkar Atas pagar pasar besar(the snake's crawling on the central market's fence

Twilight Man said...

Eh I am learning new slangs today. My BM got A2 but i didn;t know these are southerns! Anymore teachings cikgu ichi? LOL