Sunday, December 27, 2009

Honesty is so unrated

1)As I was working today,a tudung wearing makcik bought some stuff from my stall and paid me in 20 Rm 1 notes. As I put the money into the cashbox,she asked," dek,taknak kira duit tu ke?" My reply was," Maafnye, tp kalo makcik yg tertudung labuh pun saya kena berhati-hati,nampaknye,dunia nie nak kiamat dah." She just laughed and gave me rm 2 as a tip.

2) This incident happened 2 mths ago.

Ichi: Could u tell me how to go to this place?
Stranger: No,I don't know. (Holding her handbag tightly against her body)
Ichi: Sori Mdm,but ur handbag is just shouting "Petaling street".If it were prada,I might consider.

3) While I was waiting for KTM

Stranger: Elo,I'm so sori but I don't have enuff coins to buy the ticket via the machine and I need rm 1.Could u help?

Ichi: Sure.

Stranger: Could u gimme ur hp no? So I could pay u back.

Ichi: erm....... Sori but I think u better donate the extra to the needy.


Its funny to see the reaction of ppl while they judge ur intentions.

Is this guy for real? Wait,I think he wants sumting more?These are the few questions that u could literally see flashing thru their minds.

Its even sadder when frens doubt our sincerity in helping or our desperation in asking for help.

I wonder where are all the good Samaritans? Did we sumhow lose our sense of righteousness as our wallets get fatter?

7 comments:

William said...

Today's catchphrase is "Better Safe Than Sorry". Too many "I told you so"s...

Bravebear said...

To me again is an issue of fear lor... fear of getting cheated, made a fool, laughed at, whatever the reason is... fear keeps us from doing bad things as well as good ones... :p

Lucas said...

i think its the society we live in that make us vigilant that way... too often we've heard of stories about people having bad things done to them because they werent careful. so u cant blame others if they are just being a bit careful. dont take it personally ichi :)

the viennamese said...

People are becoming less and less trustworthy these days and will take advantage of someone even when it's morally incorrect to do so. It's sad but true.

Ed said...

unrated...but still the best policy in most circumstances~

Little Dove said...

The world is not kind, and people have to act in certain ways for survival.

p/s: Referring to item no. 1, I'm sure you have the best business ever with such tact! ^_^

ichimaru akira said...

Will: Yeah,kinda sad.

Bear:Too many crooks,too little saints.

Lucas: erm,I not.I'm just highlighting the state of society.

Evann: yeah

Ed: yeah

Dove: I kinda kinda laser mouthed when I need to be