Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why can't I feel the same?

I know that this post is so overdue.


The other day,I read Will's post about his late daddy,his feelings about his late dad made me wonder, would I feel the same? Would I shed tears of sadness or would I just move on,pushing the memories of my dad into a drawer and locked it up. Would I go to his grave and think of the happy memories that we had or would I go there and say," Look Dad,ur loser son is still alive and making tons of money,IN UR FACE."

I really don't know the answers to these questions that I had stated.

A few months back, I came across a blog titled "My Longkang" and after a few weeks,I deleted from my blog roll. The reason of deletion was due to envy.I was envious of their son-daddy relationship,it reminded me of the good times my dad and I had,those days where we spent the whole day fishing and talking. Those were the good times,now is pure hell,the both of us can't be in the same room,sooner or later,we'll argue,raise our voices to high pitch and walk off or slam the bedroom door.

My other siblings are the filial type but not me,I'm being labelled as "derhaka" or "Si tanggang",just becos I see things differently.I wonder if Si Tanggang is written 1o yrs back instead of 100 years back,would it have the same twist?

My fren once said that I'm lucky to have a dad at this age,to have a roof,to be able to spend money and eat good food,in a nutshell,to have everything that I need. But is that enuff? How about a pat on my shoulder once awhile or saying "I'm proud of u" or a simple hug? If I have one last day to live and one wish to that one last day perfect,I would wish that me and my dad to be able to go fishing.

If this is the cost of being rich,I want to be poor.At least,there will be no slamming of bedroom doors.

7 comments:

Ed said...

read this book : for one more day by mitch albom~

Pluboy2 said...

i have exactly the same feeling for u.. i have everything i want (well, almost), but i still lack the parents-son closeness..

my sis and bro are very close to my parents, im not.. the last time i spoke to them whether phone or face to face was too long ago to remember..

sms only comes in words - not nice to hear one..

William said...

No jodoh perhaps. But just do what you feel is right.

Bravebear said...

hmm... As long as you have done your part to salvage what is left and repair it then I think it is good enough.

In any relationship be it is between lovers, or parents and child, both party must be willing to understanding and participate in the growth of a healthy relationship. You can't force the other party. Just do part lor =)

Ash Godiva said...

did you had tried to talk and reason to him?

just be patient....

ichimaru akira said...

Ed: I'll try to look up for it when I visit borders.

Takashi: Tau xper... u just wanna hang the phone or just be nonchalant about it kan.

Will: Maybe.

Bear: Yeah,Tried my best and now just wanna raise my head.

Count; Countless of times de

Anonymous said...

mayb u can make the change, if u want to :)