Monday, February 8, 2010

Sg Klah Community Outreach Programme 4

Finally,I'm fully recharged from the trip yesterday.

The Biomedicine Club in my Uni organized a Community Outreach program aka Door to Door Medical Checkup Programme. The program for us to gain more experience and insight on the health status in other communities especially in the interior region. Basically,we will go to a place and set up health check centers or go to their houses and do health check for them and do some community work.

Last Saturday,I went to Felda Sg.Klah (I misspell in facebook.Its Klah not Kelah) which in Sungkai,Perak with my batch mates and some juniors.

I woke at 5 am (Damm sien rite) due to my sis hp alarm's tone (super irritating tone,it sounded like birds' chirping but on a higher frequency). Arrived at the Uni at 7 am,drank 2 tins of Coffee along the way there. We left Uni at around 8.30 am after havingg breakfast and reached the forsaken place at around 10.30 am.

The Felda area was hot,super duper hot. One of my frens was literally melting while doing the activities there. I was suprised at the size of the houses and the residents' wealth,some houses were 2 storeys high and made out of stone,some have 2 Astro dish,I even spotted a Volkswagen and a few Mercedes in their garages. Maybe I shuld apply to be a Feldatian....

Anyway,the program was smooth,no major hiccups or whatever. The residents were happy with us and we were happy with the lot except of one person,I dubbed her,Slave driver.She made a few of us paint a center while the sun was scorching hot.

After the program,we went to Sg Klah Hot Springs which is within 10 mins of driving from the Felda cos the majority of the students agreed to go there. I mean its a Hot Spring lah,who will say no to a Hot Spring.After spending like an hour there,we went home to boring Shah Alam.

The highlight of the whole day was during the trip to Hot Spring,the Minorities shown their disgruntlement in an ugly way and someone committed social suicide by showing her true colours. I was disappointed,upset and angry cos of this someone due the facts that she said that Gays are devils' best frens,she is a tudung wearing gal and lastly,she is so ISLAMIC.

Well,like all the events that have been happening lately,it shows that when a person is under duress,their true nature comes out and play.

ps: reminder to all,being the Mean girls is so last decade.
Pps: the pics are in my facebook.

No comments: