Monday, January 4, 2010

Stop saying it

Sumtimes,in frenships and brotherships,we would go the extra mile like reminding them the small stuff or give them warnings of an incident waiting to happen or even asking them to take meds on time.

They in turn would reply," don't worry too much,can anot. You just focus on urself 1st"

This type of comments would always turned me off cos as a fren or a bro,worrying is part of the job description.

Yes,I'm a nagging fren and bro ( its tough to be my fren/bro). The reason behind it is not becos I have too much a free time to borrow the probs of others but cos I care about their well-being and I don't want them to go thru the same shit as I did.(remember the mom from "Bubble Boy",I tend to emulate her often especially with my bros). I mean which fren/bro would like to see his fren/bro stumble?

To me,showing that u do care is the greatest thing that a fren/bro could do for each other. U may never know how a simple word of encouragement could affect a person. I had learned this the hard way.

ps: Will blog about a certain someone in my past in the next post.

Pps: Yet again,I'm sounding like an old hag.

2 comments:

Pluboy2 said...

the perfect reply: a simple thanks :)

Scribbler said...

I totally understand how you feel since I'm going through the same thing with one of my friends during the Terengganu trip.

It's frustrating and hurts, and I agree that to show that u do care is the greatest thing that a fren cud do for each other but I remembered ur advice that we cannot expect perfection out of friendship.

And that shut me up for a while.