Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3rd person

Being single when a bunch of ur frens are in love is hard thing to do especially they are ur good frens or their bfs are the unreasonable sort.I seldom have this prob with my frens cos I'm a reasonable fellow(LOL),I know when to no when frens invite me to go out with their bfs. But sumtimes,I do miss the fren.

I don't mind being labeled as the 3rd person or "kacau daun" cos my conscious is clear,I just want to spend time with the couple but sumtimes the perspective of others can be quite negative as according to them its not a good thing to go out with a couple cos we might disturb their plans for the nite or in crude words,"Are you trying to steal the bf away?"

But how to solve the prob if the fren is ok with u being there but the bf insists that time with the bf and time with the fren is 2 separate things and never could be mixed.Even more disturbing when the bf goes all out to show u his displeasure of u being there.Whose opinion carries more weight? The fren or the bf?

Based on my experiences,the best way is to make the bf understand that he's the newcomer in my life. If the bf plays the dumb card,I would spend time with them separately and let the bf complain of me being unfair. The last step would be to say bye2 to the bf.

Ps; pls share ur views of how to avoid being the 3rd person without hurting any one's feelings in the process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i usually dun mix frens and their other halfs. Reality, they just dont want a third party to spoil their plans later :)

Pluboy2 said...

i dont know what is the issues here.. but i make it a point to blend in with his friends, so that they are like my friends.. and when we go out, we go out together with friends, just like friends do..

And he does the same to my friends too.

I think both parties should compromise and give and take understand that there are bf-times and there are friends-time..