Thursday, September 3, 2009

Being civil

I found a book,"Choosing Civility" when I was watching Oprah the other day.Its about being civil to each other and respecting each other's needs. It also states that being rude exposes the body to diseases cos according to the author,being rude actually lowers the body's immune barrier and takes a toll on the body's energy. But I'm going to ignore the scientific aspect of being rude cos the author is a non-member of the life sciences community so I have to take his words with a huge grain of salt.

According to the book,there are 2 types of rudeness which are being intentionally rude and being unintentionally rude. Many of us are unintentionally rude to each other.The book also gave a list of questions for us to figure whether we're rude or not.(examples of some of the questions are listed below)

How rude am I?

1) Do you go to the express check out counter when u have more than 15 items?

No,I don't and 2 units of the same item doesn't count as one.

2) Do u steal other people's parking lot?

Yes,sometimes especially when the person isn't looking hard enuff.

3) Do u talk on the phone while doing other stuff?

Yes,especially if the call isn't important.

4) Do u answer a unimportant call when ur talking someone face 2 face?

No.

5) Do you delay ur reply for calls or sms without giving an excuse to the caller?

Rarely.

6) Do you steal other ppl's food?

Yes,if its chocolate but I always put it back.

7) Do u let ur pet shit on people's lawn and ignore it?

I have no pet that needs to walking.

8) Do you stereotype ppl?

Often but I'm overcoming it.

9) Do you push the blame to others?

Nope.

10) Do you gossip?

YES.

Base on my answers to the questions above,I'm rude 60% of the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha such trivial questions! no wonder oprah is rich lol