Wednesday, September 23, 2009

5 types of customers

I have been working in customer service for the past 10 years (I'm not situated in lorong haji taib,k) and I have generally grouped them into 5 categories which are:

1) The Miser

Ppl who belong to this grup are the hardest to please.They love only one thing which is discounts. They will dissect the bill and ask u why they are paying that much for a product that is cheaper somewhere else.

2) The Looker

Ppl who belong to this grup are just bored or killing time. They would come to ur shop and ask what are the functions of the product and will debate the pros and cons of the product with u but in the end,they would not buy the product.

3) The Hard to please

This type of ppl are nightmares for those who work in boutiques or clothing stores. They would ask u to find sizes for every garment they are interested in but they would only buy 1 or 2 garments out of the 200 garments and after 33 fittings.

4) The Ponderer

This type of ppl place one order at a time.The reason of doing this,they say that u might get the order wrong cos ur intellect level is the same as a goldfish. I hate this type of customers the most.

5) The Wise

This type of customers are the best type,they know what they want,what to expect and easy with the cash.They would not burden u with impossible stuff like Miranda. To those in retail sector,they are the best customers to serve.

5 comments:

William said...

But "The Wise" are so rare kan?

Pluboy2 said...

I am "the wise".

I admit I am a bit of a shopping queen but I go in, take what I want, pay and leave.

I do not always ask questions, I do not make eye contact, I do not hang around or loiter around the store, I do not flip and turn nicely folded clothes, I do not dig clothes in a pile, I do not try 10 pieces at the same time, I do not ask for opinions when trying clothes and causing a queue..

I am just a shopper who dont talk much on shopping trips.. I can buy the entire week of grocery in under 15 minutes.. ala sweep and go..

Which brings me to my tomorrow's topic... :)

Armanique said...

hahahaha yeah i work in retail before... but im considered the most patient one in dealing customers... thats why all the fussy one comes to me... suay rite? lol

ichimaru akira said...

Will: yep,they are a rare breed.

Takashi: Yes,u are.

Armanique: Finally,someone who understands my pain

Anonymous said...

tell me about it, i see them all, am working in retail line, and im not being racist, but generally chinese is harder to please than our malay friend :P