Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pan

In all of my studies in Religion,I found that there is only 1 dead god who is Pan whose origins came from Acadia.For those who aren't familiar with Greek mythology,Pan is of shepherds,flock,mountains,hunting and rustic music.

Its said the death of Pan symbolizes the change of seasons and thus he is connected as a fertility god. Other sources stated that Pan is an old God,older than Zeus,ergo his death symbolizes the demise of an old order.

In the legends,it stated that Pan has an unusual sex drive,it seems that most of the goddess had been to his bed at some point,his greatest conquest as Selene,the Moon Goddess. He also taught the shepherds how to masturbate.

He is also a great musician as he is often pictured with a reed pipe and he also had challenged Apollo to a musical contest which he lost.

During the medieval period,The Church labeled Pan as Satan or Baphomet cos of his horns and he has a lower body of a goat which is a typical description of Satan during those days.It is said that during Black Mass,Satan manifested in shape almost identical to Pan.

Nowadays,there are a revival of the worship of Pan among the Wicca practitioners as he symbolizes magic and nature.




Ps:I kinda frustrated at the lack of comments in my blog although I know that many are following this blog. Pls gimme feedback,negative or positive,I don't care cos with ur feedback,I learn to better myself.Pls tell me what is lacking or what needs to added into the blog.

4 comments:

Pranny said...

Ps:I kinda frustrated at the lack of comments in my blog although I know that many are following this blog. Pls gimme feedback,negative or positive,I don't care cos with ur feedback,I learn to better myself.Pls tell me what is lacking or what needs to added into the blog.



Wow, I'm surprised you put this since you hardly listen to what I say.. I thought u never cared??

William said...

Taught shepherds to masturbate?! Did he teach the sheeps too?

The whole comments things is kinda difficult to influence. It's so mercurial. Hehe.

Armanique said...

sounds like a cult followers to me... dun understand y such ppl tend to take the negatives of such instead of taking the good ones

Kris said...

sorry Ichi, you've been posting a lot lately, but I haven't kept up, but everytime I come by I learn something new. Like Pan? hahaha, I should tell my friend with the same name all about this.