Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mummy,what is sex?

This morning,I accompanied my dad to SJMC 4 his monthly check-up when I heard a 10 year old girl asking her mum," Mummy,what is sex?" I was kinda surprised at the question that she asked and was wondering whether the mum would tell her off or answer her question indirectly.

I was waiting for her answer when I realised that many of the people at the waiting area were looking at the girl. I bet they were wondering if the mum is going to talk about the bees and flowers.I never got the talk about the bees and flowers from my dad so I think that's why I'm confused.Back to to the story,k.

The mum asked the girl," What are u referring to when u ask me that?" The girl replied," well,mum,this form is asking what sex? So I wonder if I'm a F or M? The mum replied,"well,ur girl so ur F.F stands for Female."

I think the lesson here is to communicate clearly with each other.What if the mum didn't asked the girl and started to go on about the morbid description of pure sexual pleasure or told her off.I'm sure that the girl would be traumatised in either way. Kudos to the mum for being smart.

I wonder would I be that smart when my child ask me the same thing..........

2 comments:

the viennamese said...

Think smart. Mothers. They've got the right answer for every question. :)

"Because I said so. Because I'm MOM!"

Heh.~

Anonymous said...

yeah agree with u, the mum actually was showing a perfect example of effective communication