Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Taboo

There are topics that are not to be discussed publicly in our society. Although,Gays are supposed to be super open about any subjects,sex is still taboo,btw I'm not referring to the acts or to the amount of sex but the aftermath of it.

Aftermath? Again,I'm not referring to the things u do after orgasm. All of us know that having sex especially bare-back has its unwanted side-effects which is STDs or worse,dreaded H.

Recently,a fren came to me and asked how to go about seeking treatment when u have STDs and after the session,he told me that the matter cannot see the light of day cos he afraid that ppl might label him as a slut or a whore. I was like wtf,in the 1st place,it wasn't his mistake and the other party shuld have been careful about his health,I mean if u have S,would u go around and insert ur dick into someone's mouth. I would never do that even if the mouth belongs to Brent Corrigan.

I had a talk with my straight and gay frens,the topic was if a person who have STDs is whore. Unfortunately, most agreed that having STDs is a whorish attribute.I,myself agree to the statement to a certain extent,if that person got STDs by sleeping with a ton of guys,he is definitely a whore but if he got STDs by negligence,he is a victim of the situation.

I realized that stigmas like this makes ppl uncomfortable to seek treatment or to self-monitor their health and thus infecting others. I do hope that my work could educate others to be brave enuff to at least go for a self-checkup yearly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda agree with what you think, not bad, haha

kidz said...

thought u were introducing the club here =p

most importantly, control the drive i guess..

Unknown said...

they take the risk, so they bear the consequences. and we are educated enough to respect them and not to discriminate. dont know la those uneducated people




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

ichimaru akira said...

Orange: thanks

Kidz: is there a club called "Taboo"?

Jino: True

kidz said...

yea.. in singapore, they have play and taboo.. 2 main gay clubs..