Saturday, April 18, 2009

The perfect rose?

1st of all,I would like to say happy 1st anniversary to Veronica and partner,may the both of u grow old together.

2nd,I would like to share a story that I think most of u had heard of but still I think its one of the truest and honest story I had heard of.

One day,a man meet God and ask,"Oh God,I have been looking for true love but I can't find it."
God replied," Oh my wisest among of all creations,go to your rose garden and pick the most perfect rose among the roses there and u'll get ur answer.But there is one condition in finding this perfect rose,u have to go forward and never look back till u found it"

So this guy went to his rose garden and saw all of the rose bushes were in bloom.So he went to the 1st bush,he compared the roses there and decided none were worthy of the title so he went to the 2nd,3rd and 4th bush,then he saw a beautiful rose but he thought since every bush is in bloom so maybe there is a better one in front. After checking 5 more bushes,he saw again a beautiful rose but he said to himself," Relax,I have only checked one fifth of my garden,surely there is a more beautiful rose in front."So he went and each time,he saw a beautiful rose,he kept saying that the one in front is more beautiful.

The next day,he went and see God again and said," God,I couldn't find the perfect rose,I had failed in your task.Pls enlighten me on the reason of ur task."

God said,"Oh Son of Adam,U had found the perfect rose 30 times but you keep going forward in hope of finding a better one.U tried to find perfection but since perfection is an illusion,you'll never find it even if you searched it in all of the rose gardens on Earth and beyond.Your question on finding true love has been answered by doing the task that I gave.You could find honest love but never true love."



Dear readers,comment on what u think is the moral or the msg of this story,k?

8 comments:

nase said...

we are always blinded by our endless pursuits as we are never content with what we have and neither do we cherished them or feel blessed to have so. that's human nature....

nase said...

ONE PERFECT ROSE

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met.

All tenderly his messenger he chose;

Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet-

One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret;

'My fragile leaves,'it said, his heart enclose.'

Love long has taken for his amulet

One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet

One perfect limousine, do you suppose?

Ah no, it's always just my luck to get

One perfect rose.


DOROTHY PARKER

Pranny said...

Cherish wat u have now, Take wat u can get.. Never bagi betis nak peha.... That will make u regret in life... So easy!~~

.:: Ant ::. said...

2 earlier comments said it ..... endless pursuits are wasteful when we are already blessed with whatever good that is in front of us. ^_^

So sedated. Like this side of you! hehe
+Ant+

Twilight Man said...

What if you are blind and can't see the rose? Smell it, feel it.
Life is just illusion and we can love almost anyone.

Armanique said...

my 5 cents worth of tot will be imperfections are perfect for a relationship coz they compensate each other's flaw and that makes it a blissful one :)

ichimaru akira said...

Nase: beautiful poem.

Little prince: Maybe u need more exp.

Anton:Hahahaha,I got 2 sides to my character,most I'll be emo.

Twinkle: so true.

Armanique: how i wish all of us could see like that

V said...

love is not abt looking for perfection...it's about loving the imperfection perfectly!