Saturday, April 11, 2009

Service Before Self

I wonder how many Mayflowerians are reading my blog. Who are Mayflowerians,u wonder? Well,Mayflowerians are students from Mayflower Sec and pri school. Those readers from Spore might recognise this school which is located in Ang Mo Kio.

I am proud to say that I'm a mayflowerian to the core. Mayflowerians especially those who are from the primary school might still remember the motto "Service before Self".

The motto contains just 3 words but on reflection those 3 words are damm strong words.I mean how many of us truly put others before ourselves,helping others out no matter what the cause.

I remember of one occasion,this happened in my Pri 1. I forgot to bring pocket money to school one day.So instead of going to the canteen during recess,I went to the R & R area to play.My close friend Lim Bowen,as in Bowen Secondary Sch, asked why I didn't buy food.I was kinda ashamed to say that I had no money so I said I'm not hungry but this guy saw thru my lie and he
shared his sandwich with me.His reason was he wasn't that keen on the sandwich.This is the spirit of Mayflowerians,help ppl without asking.

Yes,I know that sometimes being helpful is a major character flaw,helpful ppl are too easy to be make use of and I had been a victim of my character. This scenario had happened to me on numerous occasions,"frens" had exploited me in doing things that they need but don't want to do or treat me as an easy way out to their problems. I know I'm being stupid,so stupid not to learn from my mistakes and stop from being cheated again. But if you know me well enuff,I got this thing for trusting friends with my life,seriously I'm that kind of guy. You can ask me to jump a building in order to save ur cat and I'll gladly do it for the sake of friendship. Crazy huh?

I really don't know whether my helpfulness is caused by my upbringing or my crave for appreciation. But one thing,I know I would always help a friend out no matter what the outcome is.


This is the school logo


5 comments:

Pranny said...

Killing urself jus to save a cat huh??
Well if u are smart.. Use our brain to save people, not use ur physical body or something that will double edged it back to u..

Armanique said...

well i think the gesture is gd... well prolly u'll learn the traits of who to trust wen it comes to fren... enjoy ur weekend :)

the viennamese said...

What goes around, comes around. Your good deeds will be returned. Karma karma karma!! The world would be a much better place with more people like you. Bless you dear ichi. :)

ichimaru akira said...

Little prince: That's the extreme that I'll go for my frens and loved ones.

Armanique: Thanks,happy Easter.

Evann: Thanks,you are are gd person too.

Kenji said...

mmm... not from that school... Personally I'm a Johanian! As in St John institution! And I totally understand your point man... Usually i'm really good with drawings, and all my friends dump me art stuffs to do and because of spending time doing theirs, I usually fail mine! Thank goodness art is not counted in our PMR! xD